We are hugely interested in seeing your work.
But we also get a lot of emails and are a small team so it
may take over a month to get back to you with a firm answer.
We are looking for very specific projects so please read below.
If you still haven’t heard after SIX weeks – please write again.
Please follow these guidelines:
- Send us an email to info(at)hoxtonminipress.com with the subject line
‘SUBMISSION – name of project’ (otherwise it won't get through)
- Attach a PDF of 10-20 images (compressed under 8MB) or send us a link to a
website (only if you are happy it represents a clear edit of your work)
DO NOT SUBMIT A WETRANSFER LINK (they die after 7 days)
- We are most interested in projects that have an urban theme…
but they can be from anywhere in the world. If the projects have people
in them, or words with the pictures, so much the better.
- Very occasionally we will cover other projects –
but only if they have a very specific, clear idea behind them.
- Here’s the tricky bit. In your email tell us what your project is about in
less than 20 words. We’re not dumbing down, we are in the business of
making art photography accessible to a wider audience.
If you can’t explain your work succinctly (however niche it is)
then we probably can’t convey it persuasively to a group of
non-photography specialists browsing in a shop.
Finally, remember, if we don’t accept your work it’s not because it’s bad,
it’s because it doesn’t fit with our brand and tone. Being a photographer
requires a soft heart and thick skin, a rare combo, so we are
very sorry if we have to turn you down.
Martin and Ann.